In September 2018, we applied for both a State and Federal Grant to upgrade our lighting at Whites Hill Reserve. We have received official confirmation that the Federal Grant, via the Community Sports Infrastructure Grant, was awarded in late February at the round 2 stage.
Our success was in part due to the support of Football Queensland, and their Strategic Plan for football across the State, and Terri Butler, our local Griffith member who, in conjunction with her office, worked hard to support our application and put our case forward. We thank them for their assistance and support of our club.
The grant of $112,820 will allow us to move to LED lighting on all poles and meet Football Queensland’s facility requirements re lighting. The LED system will also afford us cost savings on our electricity bill and give us the ability to manage lighting levels for training and game days.
We will have to wait until the paperwork has been finalised by the Grant Administrators and funds received before we can commence the work but we hope to be able to upgrade them as soon as possible.
This is the first stage in our programme to upgrade our grounds which includes:
- new fencing around all fields including high fencing roadside on fields 1 and 2 for the safety of our younger players (field 2) and the parked cars (field 1)!
- concrete slabs under the grandstands and ideally new grandstands with good shade cover and a media stand for better coverage of FQPL games
- repair and maintenance of the new clubhouse
- painting of our old clubhouse (we have completed some of the inner walls but would like to paint the floor, toilets and outside too)
- a refreshing coat of paint of all changing rooms and the office
- new signage around the fields