- Players turning 12 years old born in 2008
- A Volunteer Team Coach is preferred (to keep player costs low/availability of paid coaches) – this person will be appointed on Muster Day. An ex-player or parent with previous coaching expertise or coaching course attendance is ideal.
- A Paid Coach can be requested by the Team, but this cannot be guaranteed. A Coaching Levy of $205 per player applies. Higher Divisional Teams are given priority to paid coaches.
- Where possible all girl and all boy teams are created and are played in the respective Football Brisbane girls or boys divisions. However, girls are allowed to play with boys in mixed teams should they choose to do so.
- The Volunteer Coach will take the team game days and training sessions
- Please see our coaches guide for further information – coaches guide
- Coaches will be supported with training and games during the season
- Coaches will be invited to attend Coach Training Sessions held in-house or by Football Brisbane
- Each team will also need to appoint a Volunteer Team Manager – this person will be appointed on Muster Day
- All players, coaches, managers and supporters must abide by our Code of Conduct
- Please see our Wet Weather Protocol
Paid coach – $770 (provided by the club)
Volunteer coach – $565 (provided by the team)
- $770 (paid coach) or $565 (volunteer coach) – includes 2 nights training and 1 weekly game per FB fixtures, all club and FB referee costs. No additional match fees are charged.
- Hawks FC Training Jerseys are optional (available for purchase from our uniform shop).
- Numbered playing jerseys will be supplied for game use but will remain in the possession of the Team Manager and will be returned to the club at the end of the season.
2 nights per week.
A new sublimated numbered Hawks FC playing jersey will be provided by the club. This will remain in the possession of the Team Manager and will be returned to the club at the end of the season. Hawks FC training jerseys are optional.
Black shorts, red socks, and shin-pads make up the playing uniform.
Uniform Items (including training jerseys) can be purchased in person via the canteen on game day or from our pop-up uniform shop manned by volunteers.
Football Brisbane Competition Rules
NB: refer to section 3.3 for match duration
2020 Grading & Fixtures
U12s form part of the Football Brisbane competition. Teams travel home and away. Boys will play in boys only divisions and girls will play in girls only divisions. Girls playing in mixed teams will play in boys’ divisions.
U12s take part in Football Brisbane Grading Games which take place in late February. U12 registered players will be notified as to the club’s and Football Brisbane’s process as soon as registrations are closed and date/time/place of grading matches are known. Please note that grading games are NOT optional as they form an important part of the season and ensure that all teams are placed ‘like with like’ as far as is possible.
Where possible boys teams are placed in a Football Brisbane Boys only competition and girls teams are placed in a Football Brisbane girls only competition.
Season Fixtures are controlled by Football Brisbane and are not usually announced until March once all grading games have taken place and teams are placed into their relevant division.
Please refer to our Club Handbook for more information on Club Policies and Processes including small-sided team selection.