We are looking for confident, friendly and calm staff to help us run our club canteen in 2020.
No experience is required although cash & food-handling skills and team leadership would be an advantage.
All positions are paid and casual. Hourly rate will be determined on age and experience.
We would especially like to invite anyone over 55 who is fit, keen and looking for a challenge, our youth/senior players and all our member’s families to apply.
The following positions are available:
with great communication skills, work ethic and community spirit.
In 2019 the role was filled by one Canteen Manager who worked an average of 15 hours per week over the season (taking into account some longer days and rain cancellations).
Indicative opening hours are:
- Friday nights for games (6pm until 10pm)
- Saturdays 8am until the final game finishes (sometimes 1pm, sometimes 10pm!)
- Sunday mornings and/or afternoons (anytime from 7am – 5pm)
- and some Monday/Tuesday night games (7pm-10pm)
- the odd clinic and/or event day
These times flex each week dependant on home and away game fixtures. Applicants must be flexible.
The Canteen Manager is expected to open, run and close the canteen and complete the weekly ordering/stocktake. They will manage a small team of staff and volunteers throughout the day. They will be trained in basic first aid and food handling safety. Cleanliness, flexibility, attention to detail and reliability are paramount.
All staff are required to hold an RSA (responsible service of alcohol certificate).
Service and opening/closing can be shared with Canteen Staff over the age of 18 to ensure the hours worked are balanced as needed.
over 14 years of age
hard worker – confident and able
- Barista – learning to use and serve various types of coffee
- Service – taking orders, controlling orders, taking cash
- Cooking – hot plate and hot chip cooking in the kitchen, making sandwiches/wraps/burgers etc..
- Cleaning – ensuring the canteen and club facilities are spotless at all times
- Set-up and pack-down of tables and chairs
- Working alongside volunteers
Staff will work as a team with all duties being covered by all staff during a shift. All canteen staff are required to hold an RSA (responsible service of alcohol certificate)
Breaks and refreshments are provided.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to apply.
Please include your resume/previous work experience, if available, and the times/days you would prefer to work.
We will contact you once we have had a chance to review all applications.