The 2018 Season has closed and we are now looking to the 2019 Season!
Please click on the below link for more information about the Trial Dates which are running in October (male) and November (female) – don’t forget to register.
Joe Fenech, our Technical Director will be running the trials and has laid out the trial and assessment process below:
Player Criteria – Player attitude is of the utmost importance.
- Football Attitude – how a player reacts to his coach and his peers during the trial process.
- Fitness Levels – players are expected to demonstrate that they are able to sustain a 75 minute training session.
- Skill Level – players are expected to have and show a very high level of football skills.
- Appearance – players are expected to attend trials in appropriate football attire.
Training Session and Assessments:
- Ball Skills: Ball Control – Dribbling – Passing (Short and Long) – Heading
- Defending: Tackling and Defending to retrieve a ball in game sessions
- Running: Sprinting for Speed Training
- Discipline: Attention to Discussions and Instructions – Task Completion – Respect for all Coaches.
Players will be assessed by Joe with the assistance of 2019 appointed coaches.
Parents and or Guardians
We advise all parents and guardians from the start of the trial process that players will be selected according to the criteria above. Under no circumstances will Parents and Guardians have any involvement in the trial and selection process. The decision of the selection panel will be final. We ask that you respect this as no discussion will be entered into after the selection has been made. We thank you for your understanding.
If a player is successful in SAP/QPL/Komodo or Divisional, they will receive a letter of offer which will identify their team, the fee and the process of acceptance and payment. Players will be given a week to consider the offer, accept the position, and pay a non-refundable deposit.